Verizon’s Motorola Droid 4, Razr, Razr Maxx, and HTC Rezound will get global capabilities in upcoming software update
Four of Verizon’s 4G LTE Android smartphones will reportedly get an update “this summer” that’s going to bring them global roaming capabilities. The handsets are: Motorola Droid 4, Motorola Droid Razr, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, and HTC Rezound.
As previously announced, all four smartphones will also get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich at some point (since they run Gingerbread now). The global capabilities update might be included in the ICS one, but there’s no way of confirming this at the moment.
Interestingly, right now Verizon is selling only one Android smartphone that features global capabilities out of the box: the Motorola Droid Pro. Good thing software updates were invented, isn’t it?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon rolls out software updates for Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx
- Android Jelly Bean updates for Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD rolling out now
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr gets a software update
- Android Jelly Bean update for Verizon Motorola Droid 4 possibly coming soon
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD makes an appearance at the Global Certification Forum