The HTC Evo V 4G is now up for pre-order at RadioShack. The Evo V 4G was announced earlier this month as Virgin’s first smartphone with support for 4G WiMax connectivity (it uses Sprint’s WiMax capabilities, which the Now Network is transitioning from to LTE).
The HTC Evo V 4G is based on Sprint’s HTC Evo 3D from yesteryear, and is a pretty reasonable upper-midrange device (right now – for it would have been top of the line just a few months ago).
RadioShack lets you pre-order one for $299.99. No contract signing is required to get this price, as is always the case with Virgin Mobile phones. The release date is May 31, so if you do pre-order, you can have your new Evo V 4G on your doorstep in about a week or so.
The HTC Evo V 4G has a 4.3-inch qHD (540×960) touchscreen, 1 GB of RAM, 4 GB of built-in storage space, microSD support (with an 8 GB card preinstalled), and a 5 MP rear camera with 3D recording. It runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint Samsung Conquer 4G will be only $69.99 at RadioShack
- Sprint Samsung Conquer 4G can be pre-ordered for just $19.99 at RadioShack
- Sony Xperia Tipo now up for pre-order in the UK for £134.98, ships on August 20
- Sprint LG Viper 4G LTE pre-orders now available. $99.99, confirmed release on April 22
- HTC One V now available in the UK, SIM-free for £246