The update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for the HTC Sensation XL has finally started rolling out in parts of Europe today. After a very long wait, it looks like some owners of HTC’s biggish Android smartphone can finally have a first taste of Ice Cream Sandwich.
The update has started to arrive in Romania, and Sensation XL owners are receiving update notifications. Once the update is performed, the device will be running Android 4.0.3 and Sense 3.6. Once again, this isn’t the all-new Sense interface as seen on the new One series smartphones. Rather, it’s based on the Gingerbread Sense 3.5 and features minor improvements. If you want the newest of the new, you’ll need to buy a new smartphone in HTC’s opinion.
It’s probably safe to assume that the update has also started making its way to unlocked devices in some other European countries, so be sure to manually check if it’s become available for you or not in case you haven’t been notified yet.
Via GSM Arena
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- White HTC Sensation with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on board coming to the Netherlands on March 1
- Verizon HTC Thunderbolt Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update starts rolling out
- T-Mobile HTC Amaze 4G Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update to arrive on May 21
- T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G receives software update which improves battery life and overall stability
- T-Mobile’s HTC Sensation 4G will get updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich starting on May 16