Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD to be called Vanquish outside the US. Motorola Asanti rumored to hit AT&T
Remember the Motorola Droid Razr HD? This is supposed to be the first Moto-made smartphone in the US to feature an HD (1280 x 720) display, and is expected to be released by Verizon Wireless. While the handset is still unconfirmed, PocketNow is reporting that there will be an international edition of it, which should be sold outside the US under the name of Motorola Vanquish. Reportedly, the model numbers for the Vanquish will be XT925 (LTE version), and XT923 (UMTS version).
Unfortunately, we still don’t know what the Motorola Droid Razr HD / Vanquish looks like. In any case, the device should feature LTE, and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Update: apparently, Vanquish is just a codename for both the Verizon, and the international version of the handset.
Another rumored smartphone from Motorola is the Asanti XT898. It’s said that this will be launched by AT&T in the US at some point, featuring LTE connectivity, a qHD (960 x 540) display, a full QWERTY keyboard, and Android 4.0 ICS. More details will probably be unveiled soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR HD gets pictured again
- Verizon might not launch a Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx at all
- Vodafone to launch the Motorola XT925 (Droid Razr HD variant)?
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD launching on October 18
- Android Jelly Bean update for Verizon Motorola Droid 4 possibly coming soon