Well, we now have good news for you if you’ve got a Galaxy S II bought in India. The updates have finally started rolling out over there too. Both versions of Samsung’s flagship Android smartphone from yesteryear which have been sold in India will get updated. So the i9100, which comes with Samsung’s Exynos processor, as well as the i9100G, which has a TI-made dual-core CPU.
In the case of the former, the update is labeled XWLP7, and for the latter it’s XXLPQ. Both updates bring Android 4.0.3 to the table. The updates should be available to download and install over-the-air, with no computer required to perform the operation. However, if for some reason you prefer using Kies on your PC to update, you can do that too.
Via GSM Arena
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy S II has already received two software updates
- T-Mobile’s Springboard and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus get their ICS fix today and tomorrow
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Android 4.1.1 update now available in the US
- AT&T Samsung Captivate Android 2.2 Froyo update now available for download
- US Cellular Samsung Mesmerize Android 2.2 Froyo update now available