We first heard about this back in February, and now it’s official: HTC has joined Sony’s PlayStation Certified license program. With this move, Sony “aims to deliver the PlayStation experience to even more users around the world”, while HTC is obviously looking to make its smartphones (and tablets?) more appealing to those into mobile gaming.
HTC didn’t say exactly when it would launch PlayStation Certified devices. According to previous reports, it should happen before the end of 2012.
We don’t know if current HTC smartphones – like the One X / XL or One S – will have access to PlayStation games, too.
In addition to unveiling the partnership with HTC, Sony also announced that it’s “renaming PlayStation Suite to PlayStation Mobile, and positions it as a new platform.”
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC PlayStation certified devices coming in 2012
- Sony PlayStation app for Android, iPhone launching soon
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play launching in India in late April?
- Sony Ericsson will launch new Xperia phones right before Mobile World Congress 2011
- Sony PSP phone is coming, won’t have anything to do with Sony Ericsson