As expected, today AT&T has started taking pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy S III, which will be released in the US via four other mobile carriers: Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, and US Cellular.
AT&T didn’t officially say exactly when its S III would become available, but it looks like it’s going to ship it starting June 18. This means AT&T customers could get the handset three days earlier than those on Sprint and T-Mobile.
For the moment, AT&T takes pre-orders only for the white and blue Samsung Galaxy S III. An exclusive red color version will be available sometime later in the summer. The handset costs $199.99 on contract (or $549.99 without commitment), and is one of this year’s best Android smartphones, featuring: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, a 4.8 inch Super AMOLED HD display, LTE, S Beam, S Voice, 8MP rear camera, 1.9MP front-facing camera, 2GB of RAM, 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor, and a 2,100 mAh battery.
Via Droid Matters
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- AT&T intros new LTE devices: Samsung Galaxy Express, Galaxy Rugby Pro, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy Note available for pre-order at Best Buy tomorrow, free flip cover case included
- AT&T launches HTC One X+, HTC One VX, Samsung Galaxy Express and Galaxy Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S II 4G and Galaxy Rush announced by Boost Mobile. Galaxy Reverb headed to Virgin Mobile
- MetroPCS Samsung Galaxy S III launching this week-end