As you’d expect, there’s nothing new that the white SKU brings except for the color. Still, that by itself will probably ensure that the new Optimus LTE appeals to more people than ever. LG is betting on more youngsters and women going for the white device, but it’s not a given that those are the only demographics that will like it.
Since a press release for just a new color of a smartphone is usually pretty bland, LG decided to spice things up this time around by also giving us some fresh sales milestones. The company has sold 150,000 LG Optimus LTE 2 units in the first 10 days in which it was available in Korea. Furthermore, its smartphone sales in the home market are now at 410,000 per month, of which 330,000 are LTE capable. It’s the highest that number has ever been, and LG’s understandably happy. But replicating that success elsewhere will be quite a bit tougher, we imagine.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG has sold more than 1 million Optimus LTE smartphones in South Korea
- LG sells 500,000 Optimus G Pro smartphones in 40 days
- LG has already sold 4 million Optimus LTE smartphones
- LG has sold 1 million Optimus LTE smartphones so far
- LG sold 10 million Optimus L-Series Android phones (L9, L7, L5, L3)