Verizon to launch the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE on June 21, Samsung Galaxy S III on June 28 (or in July?)
Verizon made the HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE official back in May, sadly without providing an exact launch date for it. However, if we’re to believe Droid-life and its sources, Verizon is planning to launch the new Incredible on June 21. As previously reported, the handset could cost $149.99 on contract.
Another new Android ICS smartphone that’s coming to Verizon soon is, of course, the Samsung Galaxy S III, officially announced by the largest US mobile carrier a couple of days ago. Pre-orders for Verizon’s S III have begun today, and Droid-life says – in the same post taking about the Incredible 4G LTE – that it should be released on June 28. But if we look over at Verizon’s official website, we can see the S III “will ship by July 9.” Moreover, GottaBeMobile has reportedly received a confirmation from Verizon that the handset will only be out in July.
So Verizon could be the only major US carrier not to have the S III on sale in June (since AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile are all going to launch it before the end of the month). We’ll let you know when we hear more about this.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid X to launch on July 19th?
- Verizon kills the Droid Eris; Droid Incredible still delayed – Motorola couldn’t be happier
- Verizon HTC Incredible now official as “Droid Incredible by HTC”. April 29 seems to be the launch date
- Verizon Droid Incredible ->Droid X exchange confirmed for July 15th. Incredible won’t be phased out
- Verizon’s and AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy S III won’t come with 50GB of free Dropbox storage