The ZTE Tania has finally made it to the Chinese market today, yet missing its initial shipping deadline of ‘before the end of May’. Still, better late than never as they say.
The Tania that was launched today in China, model number V965W, will be exclusive to China Unicom, the country’s No.2 carrier. And, like we previously told you it would, it got a faster processor than its internationally-selling sibling. The Chinese Tania’s unit is clocked at 1.4 GHz, compared to just 1 GHz in the other model.
Aside from that though, the specs remain unchanged. So we have a 5 MP camera, 4 GB of storage space, 512 MB of RAM, a 4.3-inch 480×800 touchscreen, and a 1,400 mAh battery. It runs Windows Phone 7.5.
The Tania is the first Windows Phone developed by a Chinese company. As such, it may enjoy some success in ZTE’s home market. We’ll have to wait and see though.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- ZTE Tania with upgraded CPU will be out in China by the end of the month
- ZTE Tania now available for China Unicom, priced at $267
- ZTE Tania with Windows Phone will be available in the UK in mid-February for £249.99
- ZTE’s Tania V965W Windows Phone 7.5 handset now costs less than $100 in China
- ZTE Tania price cut in the UK by £50 to £199.99 ahead of release in 10 days