Sony is getting ready to announce a brand new Xperia handset, and – in what seems to be a first – it allows fans to decide exactly when this will be announced. The new smartphone’s official announcement was set for June 22 initially. However, anyone who goes to Sony’s Facebook page (here) and clicks the “Fast Forward” button found there can, and will “bring the next Xperia announcement a little bit closer.”
At the moment, the new device is bound to be announced on June 21, but the date will most likely change, so we’re going to see it sooner.
Apart from letting you bring its next Xperia closer to being announced, Sony also allows you to enter a few competitions for winning the “secret” device. More details are available here.
There’s absolutely no word on what this new Xperia is all about, but we’ll let you know as soon as we find out.
Last time Sony made an announcement, it unveiled two devices: the waterproof Xperia Acro S and Xperia Go.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo to be released by Telstra in Australia
- Sony Xperia Acro S to be released next week (in Taiwan)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 (Shakira) official photos leaked
- Sony Xperia ZL lands in Europe in April, pricing announced
- Sony Xperia V delayed until early 2013 in Europe? It should run Android Jelly Bean at launch