Today, a new Samsung device, namely the Samsung SGH-T879, has been approved by the FCC. Several previous reports indicate that this is T-Mobile USA’s version of the Samsung Galaxy Note (already available in the US via AT&T, as the SGH-i717).
The device’s model number, it’s sketchy FCC appearance, and the fact that it features 1700 MHz AWS WCDMA connectivity, are also good indications that what we have here is a Galaxy Note for T-Mobile.
If we’re to believe earlier rumors, the Galaxy Note should be launched by T-Mobile on July 11, at the same time with Huawei’s two new myTouch smartphones. We’ll let you know more on this soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile USA to launch the Samsung Galaxy S III on June 20, Galaxy Note and Huawei myTouch on July 11?
- T-Mobile’s new myTouch, myTouch Q and Samsung Galaxy Note available now
- LG-made T-Mobile myTouch and myTouch Q Android smartphones coming soon
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 could be launched in September
- New Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and Note III expected to be announced at IFA 2013