OK, so the Samsung Galaxy S III is on its way to all the big US carriers, AT&T included. Yet its predecessor, the Galaxy S II, is still a very decent device even today, having specs that are nothing to worry about for the foreseeable future. And right now it has one major advantage over its successor (aside from already being available, of course): it’s a lot cheaper than the Galaxy S III will be for months.
AT&T is currently running a Father’s Day promotion and is offering the Galaxy S II for just $9.99 with a new two-year contract. That’s practically free. Aside from the long term commitment required, there’s another small print item: the offer ends on June 17. So you have to be quick if you’re going to take advantage of it.
Seriously though, each time we see something like this we can’t help but wonder who in their right mind would still pay $50 or more for featurephones on contract. Or even low-end smartphones.
Anyway, if you want to buy a Samsung Galaxy S II, AT&T is waiting for your order.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be available in the UK on November 16
- Samsung Galaxy S II can be pre-ordered at Optus Australia
- AT&T gets an exclusive red Samsung Galaxy S4 16GB
- Samsung Galaxy S III gets priced in Canada
- T-Mobile’s Samsung Galaxy S4 launches on April 24. Sprint starts taking pre-orders tomorrow