Although it was announced only for AT&T in the US initially, the Sony Xperia Ion is slowly but surely spreading its presence around the world. The latest country for which the Xperia Ion has been reportedly confirmed is Canada.
According to Mobile Syrup, the Ion will be officially released in Canada “this summer.” Just like AT&T’s version, the Canadian edition of the handset will have LTE connectivity, so it could be released by all three major carriers there: Rogers, Bell, Telus.
Until we hear more about the Ion’s Canadian release, let us remind you what the new Sony smartphone is featuring: Android 2.3 Gingerbread (with an update to ICS coming really soon), a 4.55 inch HD Reality Display, 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, 1GB of RAM, 12MP rear camera, 1.3MP front-facing camera, and 16GB of internal memory.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia S will cost $499.99 outright in Canada
- Sony Xperia S launching in Canada on April 17, compatible with Rogers’ network
- Sony Xperia Ion and LG Optimus L5 coming to Canada really soon
- Sony Xperia ZL officially launching in Canada soon
- Sony Xperia U and LG Optimus L7 headed to Fido Canada