A couple of months after releasing the Xperia S in Australia, Sony is now bringing another smartphone to the land Down Under: the Xperia P.
Ausdroid is reporting that the Xperia P will be released by Telstra starting June 26, being offered for free on the carrier’s $49 Freedom Connect cap (with a new 2-yr contract agreement).
The Xperia P is slightly smaller than the Xperia S, and features a 4 inch qHD display, Android 2.3 Gingerbread (upgradeable to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich), 8MP rear camera, VGA front-facing camera, 1GB of RAM, 1GHz dual-core processor, and 16GB of internal memory.
At this very moment, Telstra is selling only one other Xperia smartphone – the Arc S (which is still branded as a Sony Ericsson device).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo to be released by Telstra in Australia
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V available in the UK
- Sony Xperia S coming to Orange UK, Vodafone has no plans to offer it
- Sony Xperia S will be offered with £30 worth of free accessories in the UK
- Sony Xperia S priced in the UK (£467.99 SIM-free), should be out in early March