Over the weekend, Huawei has proudly announced that it’s managed to sell more than a million Ascend C8812 smartphones in China in just 50 days. The Ascend C8812 is being offered by China Telecom, the country’s smallest carrier.
This new record comes after the C8500 from yesteryear that managed to reach the same milestone in 100 days, and the C8650 which did it in 60 days.
The Ascend C8812 has undoubtedly become Huawei’s fastest selling device on China Telecom ever. It’s not a high-end handset, but certainly has mass-market appeal. It comes with a 1 GHz processor, a 4-inch IPS touchscreen, and 4 GB of built-in storage space. It runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Ascend G330 uncovered, it’s a dual-core ICS midranger
- Huawei Ascend D Quad mass production to start only in June. Shipping scheduled for July
- Huawei Ascend G330 lands in the UK in December, will be free with £10/month contracts
- Huawei Ascend Y 200T gets certified on its way to China Mobile, will bring ICS to the masses
- Dual-core entry-level Huawei Ascend G330 now official. MediaPad 7 Lite gets specs and release date