The Acer Iconia Tab A510 Olympic Game Edition is now available in the UK. And right on time, since the Olympic Games are due to start next month. This special edition that comes with the Olympic logo (if you’re into that kind of thing) has been on sale in the US since April, so it’s a bit baffling why it took so long for it to make it to the host country of the Olympics.
Anyway, better late than never, as they say. The A510 Olympic Edition can be grabbed for £349 from the Carphone Warehouse. Of course it’s a Wi-Fi-only affair at that price, but it does come with 32 GB of built-in storage space, which is pretty rare at that price point.
The tablet comes with Eurosport Player preinstalled, an app that will let you watch Olympic coverage for free.
The A510 is no slouch, performance-wise, coming with a quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 processor. It also has what is most likely the biggest battery to ever be put into an Android tablet, which, at 9,800 mAh, will ensure about 15 hours of uninterrupted operation. That’s one of the main selling points of this tablet, alongside its general affordability considering the specs. If you’re interested in picking one up, head on over to the Carphone Warehouse now.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer Iconia A510 Olympic Tab will be launched in the UK next month (via Carphone Warehouse)
- Acer Iconia Tab A510 Olympic Game Edition now available for $449.99
- Acer Iconia Tab A510 Olympic Games Edition gets unveiled, will be out later this month
- Samsung Galaxy Note Olympic Edition spotted in the UK. Galaxy Y Olympic Edition coming soon, too
- Google LG Nexus 4 available for pre-order in the UK