As you may have heard yesterday, Nokia’s current Lumia Windows Phone devices will not be updated to Windows Phone 8, but only to Windows Phone 7.8 (which shares some features with WP8, including the new Start screen). However, before that, two Lumias will receive a different software update.
The two handsets are the Lumia 800 and Lumia 710. According to Nokia, owners of these devices will get the update globally starting June 27. The update will bring Internet sharing (aka Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities), a Flip-to-Silence feature, and media streaming capabilities.
To find out more about how you can receive the update, go here at Nokia.
Nokia has also announced that all its Lumia handsets will get new apps and games “over the next few weeks.” For example, a new camera app will be available, including: Smart Group Shot, Action Shot (for fast-moving action), Panorama mode, and Self-timer. Go here to see the other novelties that Nokia is planning to bring to the Lumia range.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Windows Phone Marketplace now has a Nokia category
- Bell will bring Windows Phone 8 devices to Canada. Nokia Lumia 920 not among them?
- Nokia Lumia 720 and 520 pictured. This is Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 future
- Nokia Lumia 710 – some thoughts and hands-on
- Windows Phone Tango update for AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 almost ready to roll out