Sony has officially confirmed that it’s bringing its Xperia P smartphone to Australia (as rumored not long ago). The handset will be available at Telstra soon, being offered for free on plans starting at $49 per month. Customers will also have the option to buy it unlocked (via Dick Smith’s and Sony Centre stores) for $449.
Another new Sony smartphone that’s being released in Australia is the smaller Xperia U. This will be available at Crazy John’s, for free on monthly plans starting at $15. Unlocked, the Xperia U will cost $299.
(Xperia P and Xperia U)
Both the Sony Xperia P and Sony Xperia U currently run Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Official updates to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich should arrive starting next month (July).
Via Cnet Australia
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia Go headed to O2 UK this month
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc to be launched on March 21 in the UK
- Sony Xperia S will be launched in Australia in early April
- Sony Xperia S launching in India on April 10
- Sony Xperia S finally launched in the UK, only via Three for now