As usual with these things, the rollout may be staggered. Also, not all phones purchased in all regions will get it at the same time. Carrier-specific versions of the device may receive the update later than unlocked units. You (should) know the drill by now.
The update can be downloaded and applied straight on the phone, without the need for a PC. It’s a 200 MB affair though, so make sure you don’t get it over your carrier’s network if you don’t have a big data allowance. Your Xperia S will notify you when the update has reached it. Alternatively, you can use Sony’s Xperia Update website and install the new bits via your computer. It’s your choice.
Aside from all the usual things you can find in Ice Cream Sandwich, Sony has also packed some enhanced apps as part of this update. Walkman for music, Album for photos, and Movies all get extended Facebook integration and more streamlined operation.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia P Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update now rolling out
- Sony releases Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROM for Xperia line-up
- Sony Xperia U, Xperia Go and Xperia Sola getting Android 4.0 ICS starting today
- Sony Xperia S Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update will be out by early June
- Sony Xperia TX gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, updates for others Xperias incoming