The ZTE Tania, complete with an upgraded CPU, was announced for China Unicom earlier this month. However, back then we received absolutely no details about pricing or a shipping date. But here’s some excellent news if you’ve been anxiously waiting to get your hands on a Tania in China: it’s now available.
That’s right, you can now go to Amazon’s Chinese arm and purchase a brand new ZTE Tania (V965W) for China Unicom. The price being asked is 1,699 yuan, which comes in at about $267 or €211 at today’s exchange rates. That’s certainly a pretty decent price for a well-specced Windows Phone.
Yet you have to remember that this, like all other Windows Phones before it, will not get updated to Windows Phone 8 when that comes out later this year. It’s something to keep in mind if you’re in the market for a new smartphone in the next few months.
The ZTE Tania for China Unicom has a 1.4 GHz processor, a 5 MP camera, a 4.3-inch 480×800 touchscreen, 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of storage space, and a 1,400 mAh battery.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- ZTE Tania officially launched in China with 1.4 GHz processor
- ZTE’s Tania V965W Windows Phone 7.5 handset now costs less than $100 in China
- ZTE Tania with upgraded CPU will be out in China by the end of the month
- ZTE Tania price cut in the UK by £50 to £199.99 ahead of release in 10 days
- ZTE Tania with Windows Phone will be available in the UK in mid-February for £249.99