Making its self-imposed ‘Q2′ deadline (but only just), it looks like Lenovo has finally unleashed the update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upon its ThinkPad tablet. Owners of said device in the US are reporting that they’re receiving the new software bits. What a wonderfully ironic coincidence that they’ll have the latest OS version for just a couple of hours (as Jelly Bean is widely believed to be showcased later today).
The update will reach your ThinkPad tablet over-the-air, so you’ll be notified the instant it’s ready to download and install (if you haven’t been already). After that, it’s only a matter of tapping away on your tablet – no PC will be required for the update.
If you’re impatient, try going into your ThinkPad’s Settings and manually checking for updates. That may magically make the notification appear.
Via The Verge
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Asus Eee Pad Transformer gets a software update, sadly not ICS
- Lenovo’s ThinkPad tablet will be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in Q2
- Verizon Motorola Droid 4 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich now rolling out
- Motorola Xoom Android 3.1 update now out in Canada
- Lenovo ThinkPad tablet will be available on August 23, starting at $479