Huawei has officially released an update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for its Ideos X5 U8800 Pro smartphone. The Ideos X5 U8800 Pro was launched in 2011, and is an upgraded version of the Ideos X5 U8800: it has a 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 processor, instead of the 800MHz Qualcomm MSM7230 found on the older model (which won’t get ICS).
If you have an Ideos U8800 Pro, you can go here at Huawei to download your update to Android ICS.
This year, Huawei has announced quite many new Android handsets, mostly running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The company’s flagship is the Ascend D Quad – which, unfortunately, has been delayed.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Ideos X5 Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will be out this month
- Huawei U8800 Ideos X5 has received the update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Huawei Ascend D Quad with Android ICS confirmed for the UK
- MWC 2012: Hands-on with the Huawei Ascend G300, a new affordable Android smartphone
- Huawei Ascend D Quad and D Quad XL officially launching in late August