Officially announced less than two weeks ago, the Huawei Ascend P1 XL is already in production, and should be released before the end of this month (July).
Expected to cost about 3,000 CNY ($470), the Ascend P1 XL is basically an Ascend P1 with a larger (2,600 mAh) battery. It runs Android 4.0 ICS (probably upgradeable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean), and features a 4.3 inch qHD display, 1.5GHz dual-core TI OMAP processor, 1GB of RAM, 8MP HDR rear camera, and a 1.3MP front-facing camera. Huawei only said that the P1 XL would be available in China.
Meanwhile, Huawei is still having troubles with manufacturing its own quad-core processor, this being to blame for the fact that the Ascend D Quad flagship will be released sometime in late August or September (many months after its official announcement).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Ascend D Quad mass production to start only in June. Shipping scheduled for July
- Huawei Ascend D Quad and D Quad XL officially launching in late August
- Huawei Ascend D Quad with Android ICS confirmed for the UK
- Huawei Ascend D1 Quad XL to be launched in Canada (by Wind)
- Dual-core Huawei Ascend D1 launching tomorrow in China