When Google announced its Nexus 7 tablet in direct response to Amazon’s Kindle Fire, you didn’t think online retail giant will sit still? Did you?
Of course it won’t.
With the first Nexus 7s shipping in mid July, Amazon is readying the next generation 7” Kindle Fire 2s to be delivered on August 7.
At least that’s what China Times says will happen.
According to the Chinese paper, Amazon has already ordered 2 million 7” Kindle Fire 2s from Quanta, for early August delivery. Which sounds about right for the rumored new Kindle Fire announcement on July 31st.
The new 7” Kindle Fire will have a metal frame, the rest of the chassis in plastic, with displays coming from LG and touch panels supplied by TPK.
No news about the 10” and 8.9” Kindle Fires yet, but they probably are coming too. Eventually.
As far as 7” tablets go, if all the rumors, including the smaller iPad, pan out – we’ll have a very interesting autumn this year. Especially since Samsung, Acer and quite a few others are unlikely to sit on the sidelines.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 8.9 inch Amazon Kindle Fire with Full HD resolution to join other two new 7 inch models?
- Amazon Kindle Fire 2 coming in the second half of the year alongside new 10-inch model
- $99 Amazon Kindle Fire HD coming this year
- Amazon’s Kindle Fire may be headed to the UK in January
- Amazon taps Foxconn to make Kindle Fire 2. Should start shipping it in May/June