If you were wondering what Motorola’s answer to the Huawei Ascend G300 for the UK market was going to be, well… it’s called Motosmart. It’s been officially announced today for the UK, even if this isn’t the first time we’ve heard about it – the first unveiling came in Italy last month.
The Motosmart is going to be a match for the Huawei strictly in terms of pricing. Spec-wise, the Chinese handset wins out, and by a lot. But Motorola brings its world-famous brand recognition to the table, so it may end up being a fair fight after all.
The Motosmart has a 3.5-inch 320×480 touchscreen, a 3 MP camera, 165 MB of built-in storage space, microSD card support, HSPA, Bluetooth, FM radio, Wi-Fi, and a 1,400 mAh battery. It weighs 115 g and its dimensions are: 116×63.5×11.2mm. It runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
The Motorola Motosmart will become available in the UK by the end of July at T-Mobile. The operator will offer it for free on £7 per month plans and above, or for £99.99 on Pay as you go.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Motosmart announced in Italy, it’s an entry-level Android smartphone on sale for €129
- UK: Huawei Blaze now just £59.95 on PAYG
- Motorola Milestone 3 now available in Brazil, other South American countries by the end of September
- LG Optimus 2X and Huawei U6150 now available from Wind in Canada
- Huawei Blaze now available in the UK for £79.95 on PAYG