Sony’s going to add a new member to its alphabet soup of Xperia-branded Android devices. The Sony Xperia J’s existence has been leaked today by the Indonesian IT ministry.
The Xperia J’s model number is ST26. And we already know a few details about it, since this ST26 ran a benchmark recently, which gave away some of its specs.
What you see above are a couple of leaked pictures (courtesy of IT168) that purportedly show the upcoming Xperia J. The thing that stands out is the lack of the famous green Sony Ericsson ‘liquid energy’ logo, that’s been on the back of every Sony Ericsson and Sony smartphone for many years. This will probably complete the rebranding into Sony – with all traces of Sony Ericsson now effectively gone from upcoming products.
The Xperia J looks like it will be yet another midrange Android smartphone in Sony’s lineup. It will come with a single-core 1 GHz processor, a touchscreen with 480×854 resolution, and it will run Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich when it finally launches. We’ll keep you posted if we find out any more details about this handset.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- New Sony Ericsson Xperia Duo picture leaks, all but confirms the phone’s existence
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc officially announced for the US market
- Sony Xperia SL live photos emerge, show all possible angles
- Sony wants to buy Ericsson’s stake in Sony Ericsson
- Sony LT30 Xperia Mint might be called Xperia T after all