Toshiba’s AT200 was once the slimmest tablet there was. Maybe it still is – who can keep track of these things anymore? The tablet has so far made its way to the US, Europe (including the UK), Canada, Australia, and other territories. So despite what are almost certainly not sky-high sales, at least it’s available in more places than one.
Before today, one of its major shortcomings (alongside having innards from 2011) was the fact that it wasn’t running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Well, that’s not the case anymore. The update to ICS has started rolling out to AT200 units – at least in the Netherlands.
After applying the update, your Toshiba tablet will be on Android 4.0.3 (build IML74K.05.5.0004). According to one AT200 owner, the software is a lot smoother than previous versions, scrolling has been vastly improved, as have been application load times.
If you haven’t yet received the update notification, perhaps you can try manually checking by going to Settings > About tablet > System updates. You just might get lucky.
Via Android World
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Toshiba Thrive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update now available
- Toshiba Excite 7.7 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update now rolling out
- Sprint HTC Evo View 4G Android Honeycomb update now rolling out
- Sony Xperia Tablet S gets Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update tomorrow
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 software update imminent, not Ice Cream Sandwich