Angry Birds here, Angry Birds there, Angry Birds everywhere. Rovio’s game (and its endless variations) has been incredibly successful, but you don’t need us to remind you of that. Angry Birds has proven that you don’t need amazing graphics or intricate textures and details to have a highly successful mobile game. All it takes is for it to make users come back to it, while also allowing for only playing it for a short while. This is why everyone who’s sitting in a queue somewhere is probably playing Angry Birds (just like anyone sitting at a desk somewhere is probably playing Solitaire).
But Rovio’s finally decided that it needs to go beyond those angry birds. As such, the first entirely new game from the company in a very long while is set to debut tomorrow. Amazing Alex will be out for both Android and iOS devices at first.
The game has 100 levels, will come with different updates over time (just like Angry Birds), and centers around Alex, a boy who must navigate a series of chain reactions and ‘physics puzzles’. More details in the teaser video above.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Angry Birds Rio for Android will debut via Amazon Appstore
- Rovio announces Bad Piggies (Angry Birds spinoff) for Android and iOS
- New Angry Birds Rio coming in March to iPhone, Android, Ovi Store (video trailer)
- Free Angry Birds Rio hits Android Market
- Angry Birds Seasons updated with Easter Eggs (iOS, Android, Symbian, WebOS)