A few weeks ago, when Microsoft unveiled Windows Phone 8, three major US carriers were quick to point out that they’d all have WP8 devices this year: Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile. They didn’t provide specific details about this, but it looks like we now have some info on one of AT&T’s future Windows Phone 8 handsets.
Japanese website Blog of Mobile has discovered the Samsung SGH-i687 over at Samsung’s UAProf webpage (XML file). The i687 comes with Internet Explorer 10, so it’s clearly running Windows Phone 8. Other features include LTE, and a WVGA display.
Since AT&T’s Samsung Focus 2 (launched earlier this year with Windows Phone 7.5 Mango on board) has the model number SGH-i667, the SGH-i687 is likely also made for AT&T. If that’s indeed the case, we’ll probably see the i687 getting official sometime before the end of the year. We’ll let you know when we have more info on this.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Leaked Nokia document shows the differences between Windows Phone 8 and WP 7.8
- LG E700 features IE9, might come with Windows Phone 7 Mango
- Internet Explorer Mobile 6 coming soon, features announced
- LG E740 gets Bluetooth cert, may be the Fantasy with Windows Phone on board
- Nokia Lumia 510 now shipped with Windows Phone 7.8? Lumia 800 gets its WP 7.8 update