Back in March, HTC included the Desire HD (launched in 2010) in the list of devices that would be updated to Android ICS this year. Fast forward to July 13, when Canadian carrier Telus cancelled plans to bring ICS to its Desire HD, citing “poor device performance during testing.”
However, this doesn’t mean the Desire HD won’t taste ICS in other parts of the world.
According to this Facebook post, HTC expects to update the old Desire starting this month, or August.
Other older HTC smartphones that should receive Android 4.0 updates sometime soon include: HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire S, HTC Rezound, HTC Vivid, and HTC Rhyme.
Via GSM Arena
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Thunderbolt, Desire S, Sensation and others to get Android 4.0 ICS updates by the end of August
- HTC Thunderbolt, Droid Incredible 2, Rhyme, and Raider will all get Ice Cream Sandwich updates
- HTC’s official list of phones upgradeable to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich contains no Desire Z, no Flyer
- HTC Desire HD and Incredible S getting Android 2.3 Gingerbread now
- First HTC devices to get ICS? Sensation, Sensation XE and 4G at the end of March. Others to follow