If you’re the proud owner of either Sprint’s HTC Evo 3D or the Evo Design, here’s some good news for you. In just a few weeks, your device (whichever of the two you happen to have) will get upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The word comes via an official announcement from the carrier.
The update will apparently start rolling out “by early August”. A more exact timeline isn’t available at the moment, but we’ll keep you posted.
Of course the update will come over-the-air. So your phone will notify you once it’s there waiting for you to download and install it.
Unfortunately for you, a newer version of Android is already out. And there’s no word on whether the Evo 3D or Evo Design will ever get to run Jelly Bean. Don’t get your hopes up. Although hardware that can run ICS surely can run JB too, Sprint and HTC have to think about this from another point of view. And the truth is, they’ll probably decide that selling you a fancy new device will be the way to go. We’ll see.
Via Android Police
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR M Android 4.1 update now rolling out
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 officially receiving Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update starting today
- US Cellular Samsung Galaxy Axiom Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update now out
- Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE Android 4.1 update now rolling out
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy Express Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update now rolling out