It’s almost Jelly Bean time if you have a Nexus S. The update to Android 4.1 is already out for some owners of Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphones, and the Nexus S is apparently next in line to receive it.
SFR says it should deploy the update sometime today. And Vodafone Australia will start the rollout tomorrow at 1 pm Australian time.
If the above info is true, then we expect the update to Jelly Bean to quickly make its way to Nexus S devices across the globe in a few days at most. It’s likely that that won’t include Sprint’s Nexus S 4Gs though. As usual when an American CDMA-based carrier is involved, this may take some time. So if you’re on Sprint, don’t get your hopes up. Otherwise, you can now start to impatiently manually check for updates on your Nexus S.
Via Android Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy Nexus finally gets updated to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Wi-Fi-only Motorola Xoom tablets in the US are now being updated to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 officially receiving Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update starting today
- Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy S III gets its Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update today
- Asus starts updating the Transformer Pad TF300 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean