Yesterday, Telstra unveiled that HTC was working to bring Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to its One XL and One S smartphones. Now, HTC has officially confirmed this, adding the global version of the One X to the list (that’s not at all a surprise, since the One XL and One X don’t differ too much).
“Timing and other details about HTC and Jelly Bean” will be unveiled later, so we still don’t know exactly when to expect the updates. What we do know is that, according to Engadget, the HTC One X and One S for AT&T, T-Mobile and Rogers are certainly going to get Jelly Bean, too.
It remains to be seen if the HTC One V – the lower-end smartphone from the One series – will also be updated to Android 4.1.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC readies Android 4.1 Jelly Bean updates for One XL and One S
- LG Optimus G to be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean starting December
- Sony Xperia U, Miro, Tipo and Sola will not be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 updates will end at Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Verizon’s original Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx getting Android Jelly Bean as of now