Although it was first expected to be out in India in May, the LG Optimus 4X HD is only now ready to officially become available there. LG has presented the handset in Mumbai, saying customers would be able to find it in stores across the country “soon”, for 34,990 INR (about $634 or €516).
The Optimus 4X HD is LG’s current flagship smartphone. It runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, and features a 4.7 inch display with 1280 x 720 pixels, quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, 8MP rear camera with 1080p video recording, 1.3MP front-facing camera, 1GB of RAM, and 16GB of internal memory.
Another Optimus that’ll be available in India shortly is the LG Optimus L5. This also runs Android 4.0 ICS, but it’s an entry-level smartphone, featuring a 4 inch HVGA display, 800MHz processor, 512MB of RAM, 5MP rear camera, and 4GB of internal memory. The Optimus L5 will cost 13,199 INR ($239).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- LG Optimus 2X available now in India
- HTC Desire X and dual SIM LG Optimus L5 launched in India
- LG Optimus Sol E730 with Ultra AMOLED screen and Android Gingerbread launched in India
- Asus Transformer Pad TF300TG and PadFone launched in India. Google Nexus 7 to be released there in November
- LG Optimus Hub launched in India