Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S III is reportedly “almost ready”. S II update being tested, too
Since two Samsung-made smartphones (the Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S) are already being updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (at least in some markets), it’s only natural for Samsung to prepare updates for other devices.
According to SamMobile, “Samsung is almost ready to update” the Galaxy S III flagship – sold in more than 10 million units until now. The update could reach customers in August or September (but this is just a rumor for now).
The same Samsung-oriented website says that the South Korean company is currently testing Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for the older Galaxy S II, too, and “the first tests” are successful. But that’s not at all surprising is it? We’ll bring more on Samsung’s Jelly Bean update plans as soon as new details arrive.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Unofficial Android Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 i8160 available now
- Samsung Galaxy S III to get Jelly Bean at the end of September, Galaxy S II, Note, and Note II in Q4
- Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note Android 4.1 Jelly Bean updates apparently confirmed
- Samsung and HTC to unveil Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update details soon
- Samsung Galaxy S III i9300 might get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as soon as next week