A few days ago, Samsung announced it’s holding an event on August 15, but gave no further details on what would be shown at that point. Previously, the word on the rumor street was that both Samsung and LG would launch successors to their respective phone / tablet hybrids (the Galaxy Note and the Optimus Vu) on August 30, or just before IFA starts in Berlin (which is also where the original Galaxy Note was announced).
But now it seems like Samsung may have reacted to LG’s plans to hold an event for the Optimus Vu 2 on the same day, and thus decided to move its event up to August 15.
The Samsung Galaxy Note II is widely expected to come with a 5.5-inch touchscreen, a quad-core Samsung-made Exynos processor, and it may be thinner and taller than the Korean company’s currently selling phablet.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy Note II and LG Optimus Vu reach 1 million sales milestone in South Korea
- Samsung will hold press event on August 29 in Berlin, might unveil the Galaxy Note 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 will be out in the UK on August 16
- 2 million Samsung Galaxy Notes sold until now, Samsung wants to sell 10 million more before the end of the year
- New Samsung Unpacked event scheduled for August 30. Galaxy Note 2 likely be announced then