According to Gizmodo, Asus said that the new tablet would be released in Australia on August 7. Unfortunately, it looks like you’ll have to pay a very high price for it: the 64GB non-3G version of the Infinity will cost 999 AUD (about $1,028). The same version of the tablet costs just $599.99 in the US.
If the high price is not an impediment for you, the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity will let you enjoy Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (soon to be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean), a 10.1 inch display with 1920 x 1200 pixels, a quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, 1GB of RAM, 8MP rear camera, and a 2MP front-facing camera.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T Wi-Fi will be launched in the US next month
- Asus Transformer Prime will be out in Australia in January
- Asus Transformer Pad 300 priced by Amazon US, should be out on April 22
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean updates for Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 and Prime TF201 coming soon
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean updates for Asus Transformer Prime, Pad 300, and Infinity arriving “in the coming months”