We recently told you that the Sony Xperia Acro S would be launched on July 19 in Taiwan. And while there was an official launch event on that day, the handset didn’t actually go on sale. But it will starting early August – according to ePrice.
The official Sony Taiwan store lists the Acro S as costing 17,900 TWD (about $549 or €492).
Meanwhile, Sony Russia has announced that the new Xperia would be available to Russian customers in August, too. The price there is considerably higher: 23,990 RUB, which means $728, or €603. Most probably, next month is also when the smartphone will be out in other European markets.
The Sony Xperia Acro S is water and dust resistant. It runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, featuring: a 4.3 inch HD scratch-resistant display, 12MP rear camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording, 1.3MP front-facing camera, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and 16GB of internal memory.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony intros waterproof Xperia Acro S (LT26w) with Android 4.0 ICS, and Xperia Go / Advance (ST27i)
- Sony Xperia Acro S arrives in Europe (only in Russia for now)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Active launched in the US for $340 (unlocked)
- Waterproof Sony Xperia Go to be released in the UK in July
- Sony Xperia Acro S, Tipo Dual, and Advance coming soon to the US