It looks like none of the Xperia handsets introduced last year (when they came out under the Sony Ericsson brand) will be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
John Cooper, Sony Mobile UK’s Product Manager, has taken the time to respond to some questions that came from users on Facebook. Regarding Jelly Bean updates, he specifically said that the Xperia Arc S and Xperia Mini Pro would remain running Android 4.0 ICS. And since the Arc S is the most capable Xperia device of last year (featuring a 1.4GHz processor), it’s hard to believe that other 2011 models will get Jelly Bean.
As a reminder, here are all the Xperias introduced in 2011: Xperia Arc, Xperia Arc S, Xperia Neo, Xperia Neo V, Xperia Pro, Xperia Play, Xperia Mini, Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia Ray, and Xperia Active.
Of course, things will be different for the Xperias launched this year (which are all Sony-branded). Most of them should get Android Jelly Bean at some point – we’ll let you know when it happens.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia T, Xperia V, Xperia S, Xperia Ion and others will be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Ben next year
- Sony Xperia S could get its Android Jelly Bean update in the next few days
- Sony Xperia V and Xperia T Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean updates rolling out
- Android 4.0 ICS updates for Sony Xperia Arc and Neo rolling-out now
- Sony Xperia SL might be an upgraded Xperia S