Launched by AT&T in December 2011 running Android 2.3 Gingerbread, the LG Nitro HD is now ready to be officially updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
According to AT&T, Nitro HD users will be able to get the update starting next week, on July 29. Here is where the update will be available for download. Alongside ICS and its new features, the update will bring LG’s Optimus 3.0 UI to the handset.
The LG Nitro HD costs $49.99 on contract, but is currently out of stock (at least online).
AT&T has also announced that its HTC One X and HTC Inspire would get software updates in the coming weeks. These will “enhance performance and, in the case of the Inspire, add AT&T Address Book, HTC Sense 3.0 and Task Manager.”
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- T-Mobile’s HTC Sensation 4G will get updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich starting on May 16
- Sony Ericsson promises major updates to Xperia X10 later this year, says multi-touch is a no-no
- Acer Iconia Tab A500 and ASUS Eee Pad Transformer to get Honeycomb 3.1 in June
- Nokia X6 gets a software update to version 32
- New firmware update available for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 (no Android 2.1 yet)