It looks like MetroPCS will join Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and US Cellular in offering the Samsung Galaxy S III to US customers.
According to a leaked roadmap posted over at Android Forums, the S III should be released by MetroPCS “after September and before December,” for an unknown price. Before that, the regional carrier will reportedly introduce other handsets, as follows:
- Samsung Galaxy S Lightray 4G (on August 8 )
- Coolpad Quattro 4G, pictured below (coming on August 22 with Android Gingerbread, LTE, 4 inch WVGA display, 1GHz processor, and 5MP rear camera)
- LG Motion 4G (August 29)
- ZTE Anthem (August 29)
- Huawei Verge
- Huawei Pinnacle 2 (early September)
- Samsung Contour 2 (mid- September)
(image from AndroidNerds)
We’ll see soon if these launch dates are accurate. In any case, MetroPCS will have quite many new handsets to offer before the end of the year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Admire SCH-R720 could be MetroPCS’ first Android Gingerbread phone
- MetroPCS intros affordable Samsung Galaxy Admire 4G
- MetroPCS launching the new Samsung Galaxy S Lightray 4G next month?
- MetroPCS intros new Huawei Premia 4G (M931) affordable Android smartphone
- LG Connect 4G and Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G announced by MetroPCS