Sony is apparently getting ready to release a new Android tablet, after last year it introduced the not-so-popular Tablet S and Tablet P models.
The new device is reportedly called Xperia Tablet, and has a design that reminds us of the Tablet S.
If details appeared over at the XDA Developers forum are correct, the Sony Xperia Tablet will run “Android 4.0 or later” (no surprise here), coming with a quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and a 9.4 inch (1280 x 800 pixels) display. Other expected features: Wi-Fi, 3G, 8MP rear camera, 1MP front-facing camera, a 6,000 Mah battery, and a splash-proof case that’s 8.8mm thin.
The Sony Xperia Tablet should be released in September, in three versions: 16GB ($449.99), 32GB ($549.99), and 64GB ($649.99). We’ll bring more on this as soon as new info is uncovered.
Looking to buy Android t-shirts? Check my Online Store here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony Xperia Miro could be launched in the UK this month
- Sony Xperia J press photos show up
- US Cellular intros Motorola Electrify 2 with Android ICS, and waterproof Defy XT
- New photos of the quad-core Sony Xperia Tablet show up
- Sony Xperia Tablet S available in the UK now