Last week, a Sony UK official informed the world that some Xperia smartphones introduced last year (including the Arc S) would not get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Luckily, today Sony has posted a note saying that the UK official “gave information out in error on our Android 4.1 Jelly Bean software development and rollout for 2011 Xperia smartphones.”
The company further mentioned that it is “actively investigating Android OS upgrades for all devices.” However, it didn’t say if the 2011 Xperia line would be updated to Jelly Bean or not. But at least there’s still hope.
More details on Sony’s Android upgrade plans should be unveiled soon, so stick around.
Looking to buy Android t-shirts? Check my Online Store here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony announces new Android 4.0 ICS updates for 2011 Xperias
- Sony LT29i Hayabusa to be called Xperia TX?
- Sony Xperia V and Xperia T Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean updates rolling out
- Sony Xperia TX gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, updates for others Xperias incoming
- Sony Xperia U, Miro, Tipo and Sola will not be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean