After a rumor that didn’t pan out back in March, Verizon’s HTC Rezound finally has its taste of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich ready. This is not surprising, of course, since we’ve known that it would be updated to this version of the OS ever since November of last year. A bit surprising (nay, annoying) is how long it took for this to happen.
Regardless, it’s here now. The update is of the over-the-air variety, coming in at 299 MB. Needless to say, downloading it over Wi-Fi is recommended. Your phone should notify you when the update has reached it. The rather bad news is that this is going to be a very staggered rollout, and it may take several months until it reaches all the Rezounds out there.
After applying the update, your phone will be on software version 3.14.605.12, and Android 4.0.3. The officially posted details about the update are to be found over here (including a feature list and instructions for those who need them).
Via Android Police
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon LG Revolution Android 2.3 Gingerbread update on its way
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Android 2.3 Gingerbread update finally rolling out
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II software update brings Wi-Fi calling and bug fixes, rolls out today
- T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G Android 2.3.4 update is rolling out
- Sprint Samsung Replenish Android 2.3 Gingerbread update now rolling out