Mere hours after its sibling headed to international waters smiled for the camera, Verizon’s Motorola Droid RAZR HD is starring in yet another photo shoot. The RAZR HD has been rumored and leaked since October last year, believe it or not, and now it sure seems that we’re closer to its launch day than ever.
Today’s pictures come via DroidForums, and they confirm that this device will in fact be called Droid RAZR HD. You can see that moniker in the phone’s About screen.
The back of the Droid RAZR HD features a kevlar-ish pattern, but it’s different than the one which will be seen on the internationally-sold RAZR HD. Which one looks better – that’s for you to decide.
The Droid RAZR HD is codenamed Vanquish apparently, and as you must know by now it will have a 720p HD touchscreen (hence the name) and on-screen navigation keys, just like Google likes it. For now, this proto is running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. Given Motorola’s (and Verizon’s) track record on the matter, we highly doubt that the RAZR HD will be updated to a newer version of Android before launch. A few months after that – sure.
Hopefully an official acknowledgement of this phone isn’t far away. Otherwise, get ready for more leaks.
Via Droid Life
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD to be called Vanquish outside the US. Motorola Asanti rumored to hit AT&T
- Verizon’s Droid Fighter made by Motorola, it’s a RAZR with HD screen
- Vodafone to launch the Motorola XT925 (Droid Razr HD variant)?
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD discounted at Amazon
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD launching on October 18