The Sony Xperia SL has been pictured one more time. This time though, it’s been caught out and about. Yes, these are the first live photos showcasing Sony’s upcoming Android-powered smartphone. They come after we’ve already seen two sets of press shots of the Xperia SL.
What we have here is the silver SL: front, back, and compared with the Samsung Galaxy S III, all for your enjoyment.
Sony is probably going to announce the Xperia SL at IFA in Berlin on August 29, possibly alongside the Xperia T which we’ve talked about earlier today. As that date gets closer, obviously we have more and more leaks related to these devices.
The Sony Xperia SL is basically a beefed-up Xperia S. Since the Xperia T is Sony’s next flagship smartphone, why there was a need for the SL is really beyond us. Maybe Sony intends to stop selling the Xperia S in a short while, who knows?
The SL still comes with a dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor, but this time it’s clocked at 1.7 GHz (the Xperia T finally brings Sony into 2012 as it uses the newer S4 Snapdragon, by the way). And that’s the only difference between this and the ‘vanilla’ S. Is a 200 MHz CPU overclock reason enough to launch a new handset? Sony sure seems to think so.
Via GSM Arena
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sony LT30 Xperia Mint might be called Xperia T after all
- Sony Xperia SP priced in the US. Xperia Z is already available there
- Sony Xperia SL press shots leak, show it in blue and pink
- Dual SIM Sony Xperia E launching in the US next month
- Sony unveils the Xperia T with 4.6″ HD screen and 13 MP cam, rugged Xperia V with LTE, and Xperia J