Sprint will have an interesting offer for you between August 12 (so this Sunday) and September 30. You’ll receive a ZTE Optik tablet for free if you purchase any smartphone that’s in Sprint’s roster. That includes the recently discounted iPhone 4S, as well as the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, which is now free with a two-year contract.
So you could be getting a smartphone and a tablet for free if you choose to sign that long-term commitment. Or, if you want another phone, for whatever price you need to pay for it you’ll also get a tablet. Pretty sweet.
Of course, as you’d expect, the Optik doesn’t have any earth-shattering specs. Hardware, though, is a lot more decent than software in this case. It comes with a 7-inch 1280×800 touchscreen, a 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 16 GB of built-in storage space, 1 GB of RAM, a 5 MP rear camera, a 2 MP front-facing camera, and a 4,000 mAh battery. Yet disappointingly it runs Android 3.2 Honeycomb, even in this day and age, when Ice Cream Sandwich has been out for more than 8 months.
Still, this may be a compelling offer for some of you, so keep an eye on Sprint starting on Sunday.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint announces the 7-inch ZTE Optik, in stores on February 5, yours for $99
- 7-inch ZTE Optik tablet now available at Sprint for $99.99
- ZTE Optik (V55) Android tablet to be launched by Sprint on February 5
- Sprint’s LG Mach and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 4G LTE launch on November 11
- Archos 80 Cobalt gets unveiled with dual-core CPU and 8″ screen