The internationally-sold Motorola RAZR could be getting its update to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich today, a yet-unconfirmed report from GSM Arena says. Apparently, the update is now finally ready to roll out.
If you were wondering what took so long for this to happen, it seems like it has something to do with T-Mobile (though it’s unclear which arm of the carrier we’re talking about, we’re going to assume it’s the one in the UK) who wanted to customize the ROM to its own liking. Motorola now being owned by Google, that wasn’t permitted anymore. And at some point, T-Mobile gave in and signed the update nevertheless.
Which is why if you have an international RAZR (XT910) you should go checking for software updates. A nice surprise may be waiting for you.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR M Android 4.1 update now rolling out
- Wi-Fi-only Motorola Xoom tablets in the US are now being updated to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
- Android Jelly Bean updates for Verizon’s Motorola Droid Razr HD and Razr Maxx HD rolling out now
- Verizon rolls out software updates for Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx
- Android ICS updates for the Motorola Droid RAZR and Sony Xperia S showcased on video