The update to Windows Phone Tango (known officially as Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh) for AT&T’s Nokia Lumia 900 may be ready to roll out. That’s because it’s been spotted on Nokia’s servers via Navifirm. As you can see in the image below, the 8779 update clearly comes with AT&T naming in the files.
This unfortunately doesn’t mean that the update will become available in Zune immediately. In fact, it could be a matter of minutes, hours, days, or even weeks until you’ll be able to update your Lumia 900 to the last-but-one update it will ever receive (assuming there won’t be any minor tweaks between this and Windows Phone 7.8). But the good news is that it’s now closer than ever.
The Tango update should bring MMS improvements, and some of Nokia’s exclusive apps such as Counters and Contact Share should finally start working, alongside the ‘flip-to-silence’ functionality.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Software updates for Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 arriving on June 27, Wi-Fi tethering included
- Nokia Ace with LTE and Windows Phone to be released by AT&T on March 18, Lumia 710 headed to Verizon
- Nokia Lumia 730 to be launched soon with 8 MP camera, LTE, and Windows Phone Tango, rumor says
- Cheap Nokia Lumia 610 ‘confirmed’ yet again alongside international Lumia 900
- Microsoft is planning worldwide Windows Phone 7.5 Refresh (Tango) push starting in April